Who We Are
Relief Communications, LLC was founded in 2001 to provide comprehensive communications services to the non-profit sector. Relief Communications can provide a broad range of capabilities tailored to meet specific client needs in media relations, marketing strategies, or communications planning. Clients have ranged have ranged from Barnes Foundation to AIDS Fund, from the Greater Philadelphia Cultural Alliance to Fairmount Park Conservancy, from Eastern State Penitentiary to Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia. Cari Feiler Bender, president and founder of Relief Communications, LLC, applies 25 years of experience in conceptualizing, managing, and implementing communications projects for non-profit organizations. A few examples include:
- Directing all public relations efforts to launch Historic Philadelphia, Inc.’s $10 million tourism initiative, Once Upon A Nation, which debuted Summer 2005 in Philadelphia’s historic district, continued with the opening (and ongoing operation) of Franklin Square in July 2006, with seasonal celebrations including the Philadelphia Chinese Lantern Festival and Electrical Spectacle.
- Conducting all media relations and public relations initiatives for the renowned Mural Arts Philadelphia, including having Pope Francis sign a mural panel in front of millions of people in September 2015 and the Royal Visit of Prince Charles and Camilla in 2007. Since 2006, Mural Arts Philadelphia has been highlighted in numerous national and international outlets, with feature pieces in CBS Sunday Morning, TIME Magazine, PBS NewsHour, The Today Show, Good Morning America, CNBC’s Squawk Box, CNN, The Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Newsweek, The Washington Post, Associated Press, and Reuters News Service.
- Coordinating development and implementation of all communications strategies for AIDS Fund since 2005, including promotion of Black-Tie GayBINGO and AIDS Walk Philly.
- Launching city-wide initiatives for Fairmount Park Conservancy including Reimagining the Civic Commons, Parks on Tap, The Oval, and Centennial Commons projects.
- Representing the public health and social service organization Prevention Point in their work dealing with the intersection of drug use and poverty.
In projects such as these, Relief Communications, LLC has earned a reputation for thorough organization and meticulous attention to detail. Cari has proven her versatility and ability to accomplish the best communications programs possible within any budget. For each individual client, Relief Communications, LLC offers a special dimension of personalized service. While developing and maintaining a constituency through public relations, Cari carefully designs and thoroughly executes every project.
Through her work with numerous not-for-profits as staff, volunteer, and consultant, Cari has a unique perspective on their needs. Her past positions include directing public relations, marketing, and events for Millennium Philadelphia, Welcome America Inc., WOMEN’S WAY, and Philadelphia Theatre Company. In 2017, she received the “40 in 40” Award from WOMEN’S WAY. Current community service includes volunteering with The Career Wardrobe and the Philadelphia Public Relations Association. She has also served on the Boards or as a volunteer with InterAct Theatre Company, Philadelphia Cultural Fund, Young Women’s Initiative Advisory Committee for WOMEN’S WAY, Philadelphia Theatre Company, and the Women’s Theatre Festival. Cari holds a B.A. in English from the University of Pennsylvania.